What happens when you stop BF?

my daughter will be 2years old in 2 weeks and she has been night feeding only for the last 6-8 months. Now it is time to stop alltoghether. With a little help of “no nail biting” polish she is happy to tell me that the milk doesnt taste good (though she still wakes up several times for a sip of water or juice).

I am curious to know what happens now that we stopped breastfeeding for a couple of nights? how to avoid lumpy breasts and any other uncomfortable stuff?

Many thanks,

Anna

You might find you don’t need to do anything, it will just sort itself out. I didn’t. If you find your breasts are getting full and uncomfortable, it helps to hand express just a little until they are comfortable.

NB I have breastfed my three kids, but I’m not a lactation consultant; if you are uncertain you should probably visit your GP/doctor or a qualified lactation consultant

Thank you Ali, that did help. Hot shower and expressing a little. I hope it will sort itself out in a day or two.

Did freak out a little when my face turned red and blotchy yesterday but that passed - hormones i guess?

Thanks again for your advice.

Anna