Should i worry on this age? When the baby must start to speak?

My child has 1 year and 8 months but does not respond too much when I call him (sometimes yes), but he is generally very affectionate, he gets me in my arms and plays with me, and he has a lot of energy. I should worry because he does not want to start talking (to repeat words after me).

Any advice is highly appreciated
Thank You!

Like everything, there’s a wide range of 'normal behaviour’
If you have doubts about hearing ability, you should look into that with a health professional.
Otherwise there are loads of resources on the internet, library, or check with a speech pathologist.

Good luck, I had one early talker and one late, no issues with either, just different children do things at their own pace. I did get my ‘late’ talker reviewed by the GP and a speech pathologist to be sure there was nothing to worry about

My son had great receptive language from an early age, but didn’t really start talking until he was about 19 months old, and didn’t hit his stride in using new words until after he turned 2.

If his doctor isn’t worried, you should hold off on being worried yourself. You’ve got his 2 year appointment coming up, and can talk to his doc about it then.

Thank you very much for your answers. I will stay a while and observe how thinks will go.