Calm between 1st and 2nd phase of leap 4?

I just survived the hellish first part of Leap 4 and my Baby already seems to be putting new skills to use. I am wondering if phase 2 of this leap proves as difficult as phase 1 of this leap? If so, can anyone share their experiences?
My little one started leap 4 right at week 14 and it lasted 2 weeks (I’m still not sure we are completely over the fussy/clingy part). We are about to enter into week 17.

Unfortunately I’m not much help because I only recently started following the book. My little guy is amidst leap 4 right now and I sure as heck hope that at 17 weeks we’re in the 2nd phase of the leap. I don’t think I can handle another round of this. Sleep over the last weekend was non-existent and he has been ultra crabby. I’m not sure that we’re out of the woods yet, but his 3 C’s were really bad for just a few days during this time period. I seemed to have some reprieve last night, but we shall see how the rest of this plays out. At least now I can help him and have a better understanding of what is going on in his little brain. He too is practicing lots of new skills.

We’re in week 16 just in the lightening cloud bit of leap 4 stage 1. I’ve had a really cranky bub. The only thing that’s consoling her is bfeeding at the moment.

I’ll update this post again once little one hits week 19/20. Hang in there, the sleep does improve, if marginally!

I promise things get better! We just entered week 21 and the little man is a happy again. Only 6 more days until the next leap starts… here we go again!

Alrighty, as promised, here is my update:
When I first wrote this post at week 16 that was definitely the worst of it. Week 17 and 18 proved mostly uneventful for us fussy-wise except that my little one’s night time sleep patterns were a bit more interrupted by her new tossing and turning (at week 20 this still happens). Week 19 she became a bit cranky again though this is likely due to her second round of vaccines.

We are about to head into week 21 and I look forward to experiencing the same as MrsAYS (fingers crossed).

After this leap my baby is putting to use some amazing new skills (she plays with her same toys in different ways, her babbling skills have improved tenfold and the list goes on).

Leap 4 was VERY trying compared to all prior weeks (I actually Drove through a snowstorm to buy The Wonder Weeks) but it’s over and baby is thriving mentally. Hang in there!

I’ve been wondering this myself. The book isn’t really clear if the fussy phase lasts until the end. It says it starts between 14-17 weeks, but then what? We are 9 days into leap 4 and I am ready to be through it. It’s heartbreaking to see my baby be so upset and not be able to soothe him. I’m relieved to hear that there’s a light at the end of the tunnel soon.

My daughter is 20 weeks and we have 9 days left of this leap. She had a rough start, then she was back to normal, then about 3 days ago she’s been really off. My sitter can’t handle it…so I sit at work ALL day worried about her!