16week fussiness & sleep settling struggles!

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Natasha Natasha 5 months ago.

• Author
    Profile photo of Tabi M Tabi M 
    Participant

My little boy just a few days away from being 16 weeks old has gone from a really pleasant happy baby to wingey and fussy for most of the day unless im doing a good job at distracting him.

Also he was a pretty good sleeper easy to settle to put down and would sleep for about 6-8 hrs a night…but now he is very difficult to settle and will sleep in roughly 3 hour blocks getting up at around 11pm, 2pm 5am!

He is breastfed (and for the past few days seems to be doing longer feeds at a time and sometimes super fussy at the breast too..pulling off, tugging, back on etc when he was generally an ok feeder)

Anyone else experiencing this and how are you coping / being able to settle your little one in regards to sleep and or feeding or general overall happiness of your baby xx thanks so much

Profile photo of Natasha Natasha 
    Participant

Ah yes the infamous 4 month regretion. Your baby is likely going through some major developmental leaps causing this temporary state. Rest assured your little one will go back to being a happy well tempered baby in a couple of weeks give or take some time. In the meantime extra snuggles always help and make sure to take any chance you get to do some self care that’ll help you push forward.

Heads up there’s another regretion coming at 8 months that tends to be the toughest of them all. It too shall pass.

Profile photo of Tabi M Tabi M 
    Participant

Thanks so much Natasha! So nice and comforting to hear its obviously very normal šŸ™‚

Extra cuddles! Yes! Im just also abit worried that ill be creating bad habits by helping him to fall asleep (either breast or rocking him to sleep)

But nothing else seems to sooth him..

Xx

Profile photo of Natasha Natasha 
    Participant

Yea I wouldn’t worry about that. You just go with your gut. Never mind the spoil them mentality and endless sleep training books. I drove myself nutty with my first with all that stuff. Even we as adults need cuddling and extra love when we feel crumy :). Do what works and keeps you and baby happy. You’re mama, you know best.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account